Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3834762)   #648
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
It's changed...
Yes it has, but I'm not convinced those changes have been either measured, or deliberate. Fundamentally, the format hasn't really changed, rather the personnel, and as certain members of the team have moved on, or been moved on, those who have replaced them have lacked the fluency and warmth of delivery of those who preceded them.

I have no axe to grind with RLM, it's like an old friend you reacquaint yourself with each year, and an integral part of the Le Mans experience. There's something reassuring about knowing they're there when you need them. This year though, for a variety of reasons (the outstanding pitlane team and Trussers aside), I found the broadcast far less engaging, and as the race wore on, I became increasingly reluctant to listen to 'my old friend'.

It's hard to explain, but in vintage RLM years, I have felt like I, together with the tens of thousands of other listeners, are on a journey with them, it's exciting, totally comfortable, addictively infectious, and you can't stop listening because you are hooked and have to share every moment with them, because if you don't, you feel you might miss out on something. This year, no...