View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3963327)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I am expecting a dire procession, followed by many news articles and forum posts lamenting that F1 ain't what it used to be in the good old days.

It's a shame that this GP could not be moved to somewhere that encourages better racing. In all of Australia, there must be a better option available, surely? It's like F1 has everyone excited and all ready for an exciting new season, and everyone is revved up and buzzing, and then you go to a track where good close wheel-to-wheel racing / overtaking is simply not possible.

I hope I am wrong.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the start of a new season and learning where the balance of power lies. I am hoping that the midfield have closed the gap to the top 3 teams.

By the way, Keke Rosberg won in a Williams in 85, not a McLaren - I was watching this race on TV last night. So many cars used to break down, small teams could get podium finishes just by lasting to the end.