View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1526108)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm also a little surprised at the 1976 US GP being in the list. The fact that it was the first GP at Long Beach doesn't make it great. In fact, I would have thought that John Watson's drive there in 1983, or at Detroit in 1982, made them both more meritorious of that description. In both races, on tight street circuits he drove (from 17th on the grid in 1982, and 22nd in 1983) through the field to score a great victory.

I always thought that the Nurburgring in 1962, when Graham Hill held off Gurney and Surtees in the wet, to win, was a bit special, too.