View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2018, 03:39 (Ref:3801166)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Whyyyyyyy does Road Atlanta keep having this concern? I mean, I get it, there are real estate possibilities, but still.... How many more years does Petit Le Mans have to be a world-class, relevant event to get immunity from this stuff like Sebring and Daytona do?

It would go a long way to losing my interest in the sport if Road Atlanta went away, despite Petit Le Mans being such a major event. And yes, when I saw "Nascar for Sale?" in thread titles, I immediately went right to this thought too. Road Atlanta should be above this concern at this point.
Plenty of people with money have ruined plenty things at full strength. Case in point being the subject of this thread.

Sebring has nothing but orange groves and the 12 hrs. Daytona is beaches, bike week, the speedway, air brush t-shirts and beaches (yes, x2). There's many more factors at play around Flowery Branch and Braselton and I don't think we can compare to the other locations.

If someone needs to sell, anyone can buy. That's my concern. I can't fret over what I can't control and I don't see the next 5 to 10 an issue... after that? Riverside was very strong a one point. Sprawl eventually got it. Very few places on the planet are sprawling like the I-85 corridor. One can hope that it's foundations are solid enough...