Old 23 Mar 2018, 02:16 (Ref:3810022)   #317
nezy37
Rookie

United States
wisconsin
nezy37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I was talking with someone who said there used to be bleachers inside 17 ... must be more than ten years ago.

T1 inside has been taken over by Hospitality suites and motor homes, and outside, by motor homes. I think there might be bleachers between One and Two on driver;s left (I think I was there last year or year before) but it is pretty far upstream ... i should look for the pics---i think i could see the cars exiting One.
General viewing isnt the best. Didn't see anything near 17 other than what I was able to catch walking over the bridge. What I did see was awesome, amazing corner to seen in person but it's completely locked down by the Porsche and corvette corals which is a bummer.

I knew a guy that was able to get me in the hotel, and then up to a room on the third floor for a bit to watch the hairpin. The highlight for me was catching a hole in the rv parking outside turn one at sunset. Got a few good pictures, was really hoping to see that view when I found out I was going and I'm glad I got lucky enough to find that spot.

In general though, and to be fair I haven't been to a ton of circuits around the country, the sightlines for general admission aren't very good.