Old 25 Mar 2018, 03:12 (Ref:3810552)   #328
nezy37
Rookie

United States
wisconsin
nezy37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm glad you got to enjoy some of the most spectacular sights around the track - as limited as they might have been.

There's a bit of a spectator viewing area incl. bleacher on the exit of 17 on drivers left but it's kinda far away from the track, however it also gives you a view of the S-F straight I believe. Any viewing on the outside of the turn would be marred by fencing though unless the current distance will be maintained.

The area right before the bridge also on drivers left is maybe even more tricky due to cars still shedding speed and turning in at the same time - on the many occasions one of them gets it wrong it almost always ends in tears with a close up visit to the tirewall, having debris from one of those hits flying straight is certainly not unthinkable. Further away from the track, the area is occupied by - you guessed it right - more RV's, probably team/participants this time but imo a prime location for a medium sized bleacher without having to put up major fencing. And it's right where the shuttle trams pass by (almost where the starting/turning point of their route is).

[And just as a FYI: The area right before and under the bridge (both sides actually) has been "promoted" to photographers's 'Red Zone'.]

I was once again privileged to see the bumps and dips in 17 up close as one of the positions we cover as corner workers is '17 bridge' (on drivers right, directly in front of the big advertising sign) which is mainly a communication spot; seeing the cars bounce over everything is a sight to behold, especially as we stand maybe 5 feet from the racing line (behind the concrete wall obviously) - I can almost high five the cars as they come thru! Best spot in the house by far!
That sounds amazing. How did you score that marshaling post? Sebring was a great experience, I'm far from disappointed, first time I got to see night racing too. I'll be back for sure, my folks rent a place in ft meyers so it's pretty easy for me actually. Thing that really stood out is how crowded it was. I was there the first year of the merger and it had to be twice as crowded.

I think that had to do as much with the difficulty I had finding good spots as anything. Well that And went with my dad who is pretty casual and his friend who cares even less so I had to be diplomatic with my approach if i wanted to see some night racing which I hadn't seen before, and it's great.

What I need to do is convince my Indy 500 crew that sports car racing is awesome and drag them down there. Camp and make a long weekend of it