View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3949303)   #34
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
With parity all the marginal gains that top teams can find become even more important. It's no coincidence that throughout motor racing the top teams invariably win even in one make racing. It's the preparation and personnel that make the difference. Without the parity controls the same teams would be at the front but the teams at the back would be totally destroyed IMO.
Johno,

So very true, you are, at least in my opinion, 100% correct.

Parity is a dirty word to many motor racing enthusiasts, however, in my experience, of running [managing] several categories over the last 30 years, including, tightly controlled one make racing, the best Team and driver combination consistently wins.

Based on my 30 plus years of hands on experience, I believe that Australian V8 Supercars have to continue to push for parity, controlled Dampers is but one move in the right direction, but until they introduce a controlled front suspension, then the top teams will be able to better exploit the controlled damper's so called sweet spot this year, and that a given.

Next year, 2021, Supercars will introduce a controlled upright, but will they also mandate controlled pick up points etc? Despite the naysayer's, being vehemently apposed to Supercars control components push under Adrian Burgess, I don't think they are going far enough, at least in terms of lowering cost.

Hopefully, Burgess also moves to mandate a set of controlled springs and anti-roll bars at one and the same time, so that there remains a choice, but a limited one that gives teams some freedoms on set-up.

As I said before, the top Teams/driver combinations will still win, however, cost will be significantly lowered, as will the premium price the top team can on-sell their older chassis for which will have a beneficial downstream effect, in Super 2.

I would also introduce spec Ford and Chev, blue printed, so called "crate engine's" in Super 2, which would significantly lower the cost of competing in the official Feeder Series, and at the same time pave the way for introducing the same controlled engines in the main game.

Well that's my rant for the New Year.

Cheers,

Mark.