View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2018, 03:36 (Ref:3871301)   #1973
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i realise i am but just one person, but i wouldn't have been to australia if it wasn't for the grand prix, and i wouldn't be planning to go back to the melbourne area if it wasn't for the grand prix introducing me to the city. another hotel room filled, another few train tickets, plane tickets, word of mouth praise for the place, etc.

the general admission ticket price was neither here nor there in terms of the general cost of doing stuff in melbourne, and the venue was... well, aside from convenience factor, a warm version of snetterton. it was good being able to have a nosey in the supercars and look at the massive weapons they carry their teams around compared to european trucks though.

i think the same goes for quite a few fans at quite a few circuits across the world, and quite a few people who work in the sport too. it's that kind of intangible that i guess the local and national governments are going for.