Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 03:37 (Ref:3880336)   #3366
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I hear what your saying, but what happens when "cooperation" really is "cooption" (i.e. assimilation) under the covers. When smaller teams effectively become dependent upon and subservient to the larger teams? Do we EVER think we will see a team use components from a larger team and use them better than the larger team and challenging them? Does this not just ensure that the smaller teams are grid fillers in a second tier? Providing the appearance of real competition so as to justify the existence of the larger teams and the series a whole?

Richard
Seems to be pretty much what we have with the satellite teams relying on engine supplies, when do you expect a satellite team to beat the manufacturer?

The only thing that this would seem to change would be to force Mercedes closer to the teams they supply in order to cover off the Ferrari threat.

P.S. Richard, I just ignored the cost cap commentary as I believe it to be unrealistic and unenforceable fantasy!

Last edited by wnut; 29 Jan 2019 at 03:46.