Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3880506)   #3371
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Haas' and Sauber's success this year, FI over the last few years...for me these have been the highlights of recent seasons and all of it aided by more favorable supply deals from a 'master' team.
I still think it's mostly a feel good thing. I personally think something special is going on at FI and wish I really understood what. Given the drama at the team... punching way above their weight. But otherwise it still is a master slave scenario that we are expanding here and it's teams like Williams that are trying to go at it alone, but finding they can't make it work. So they are likely to get in line with the new world order as well.

As to Mercedes opposition, maybe I think Mercedes realizes that they may eventually have to outright buy a secondary team if things continue down this path. Buying to ensure they can pull the strings correctly and are trying to avoid having to do that. Probably as their budget is large enough as it is, let alone having another large mouth to feed.

I apologize as this all seems very "doom and gloom" from me. I just think there is more smoke and mirrors going on than people realize. I do find ways to be excited about F1. I can join in on the self delusion and enjoy like most fans. There remains bits and pieces that truly are authentic.

Richard