View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3222362)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm happy enough with the coverage but I don't feel they've taken it "to the next level" (I'm paraphrasing), as Sky said they would.
The difficulty is, what IS the next level?

Given that they are being provided a world feed of track action, there are only 22 regular drivers to Interview, 11 team principals and 1 face of Pirelli to speak with. It's difficult to be different from another Broadcaster who has the same access.

They have used their broadcast technology to have the various feeds available on your TV at the press of a button instead of having to have your laptop, desktop and TV arranged around one another to see the different feeds of information each of which was lagging behind the next.

Trying to do something different might take you back into the cooking dinner with Beverly Turner from the ITV days. <shudder>