View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2001, 18:19 (Ref:68908)   #13
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're just going to have to agree to disagree about the cars - but perhaps you know more about them - as you actually drove one..

If managers slated the cars for no reason - well that's a disgrace and Plamer should have sorted that out early doors...

And I did know you won a championship, I checked out your website, and couldn't agree more about rich kids getting all the drives - I can't even really afford to sprint my Midget this year!! But even Mansell had to shell out plenty of cash in his day - remorgating his house twice just to race Formula Ford, but he was lucky and got noticed, plus F3 was somewhat cheaper in those days...

You're obviously a decent driver, not sure of your record in FPA - but will you ever really ever be able to fork out the £85k for a full series in FPA?? - where you may then be able to develop in cars with slicks and wings..

I'd personally love to buy a second hand Formula Vauxhall (with slicks and wings) for about 5 grand, run in the Monoposto series and actually see how good i could get!! (another story)

I don't disagree with you on many points, but just feel some things were done wrong (right from the outset) and that's why there's no proper series this year.

So what's the plan this year?