View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3773630)   #5
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey Ayse,

I'm quite heavily addicted to iRacing these days so have had a few different wheels over the last few years.

I currently have a Thrustmaster TX, which is the one that is compatible with Xbox One as well as PC as I want(ed) the option to possibly play the Forzas of this world, but to be honest I think I've only ever hooked it up once to the Xbox. PC all the way. I've had it nearly 2 years and use it 3-4 times a week and it's held up so far (it will break now I've said that).

I've gone from G25, G27, TX and all have been absoultely fine.

I replaced the G25 with the G27 only because the 25 was getting a bit long in the tooth and I wanted to replace it before it died. There happened to be a deal going so made a pre-emptive purchase. The G27 was a little bit quieter.

Again the TX was for the Xbox support, and the inter-changeable wheel rims are nice so I've also picked up the F1 add-on along the way. Compared to the Logitech stuff the standard pedals are a bit pants though, and so I've also upgraded to a set of T3PAs. Also you don't get a gear shifter as standard..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
- ...but then, I think the G25/G27s are belt-driven as well.
Hey Bill, the G25/27/29 are all gear driven, but the Thrustmasters are belt and was the deciding factor for me between the TX and the G920 (which is the Xbox One-compatible G29 variant). The belt drive is much more smooth and less 'notchy' than gear-driven, but it's really splitting hairs and never bothered me at all when I was using them.

Long story short I will be carrying on with Thrustmaster for now, but you can't really go wrong with any of the Logitech G's

Last edited by Spudgun; 11 Oct 2017 at 10:48. Reason: Edited after reading previous posts properly :)