View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2018, 08:47 (Ref:3835830)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think in reflection some of this is down to me, some down to the ticketing thing.

I had never been before. I booked a campsite, it said no cars allowed, so I also booked somewhere to park as you would at a festival say, that was the car park for Arnage and Mulsanne. It was the same colour as the campsite so I thought OK. What I actually bought was parking to watch there!

I bought general admission, I never showed that to anyone, only the Arnage and Mulsanne passes I also bought, because I was turned away from a car park on Friday night behind the start straight and could find nowhere else to park.

My purchases had cost me roughly 230 Euros, and apparently I still needed more! I was with another person, so that was 6 tickets, 7 if you include campsite. No plastic sheet or anything sent. So we had to keep them safe.

I found the ordering website clunky and tricky to use, and as I say why the site doesn't have a thing that says "if you buy this ticket, you need to buy a car park one too" I don't know, at least to make you aware.

Biggest issue though was weather, that is my issue, I can't stand the heat, and would likely even suffer in the mid to late 20's without shade. On my own I likely would not have gone and taken the hit, seriously I hate the heat that much.

So I wasted a fair bit on a ticket I never used, but could have had the right data been available to me. paddock was another 50 or so Euros each I think, just too much added to the ferry, etc.

I think an event that is really tailoired for the dedicated LM person. Or even where you buy a package and get it all done for you.

I was simply left feeling disappointed, let down, and very underwhelmed by the whole thing.

I also missed two packs of cars, spectated for probably 12 hours all told and never saw the first or last group once.