View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2020, 15:44 (Ref:4020426)   #233
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And so Kyalami next week will be the swansong for the Bentley factory supported GT3 effort, with the full expectation that customer efforts will also depart slowly after that.

Its been a mixed 7 years for the Bentley GT3 program. They seem to finally have started making some good progress in terms of customers, but GT3 is on the brink of struggling globally, and the push towards electric mobility is ever increasing so its not a surprising move.

Paul Williams did note in the interview on S365 that they are going to maintain a watching brief on motorsport in the mid term, and look for ways for it to fit with its e-mobility future ambitions.

My impression is with Audi and BMW having just departed Formula E, it wont be towards that. I think they will want to be back to Le Mans or similar in the future, but only once it can allow them to show their green credentials.

This is the way motorsport is going, and clearly OEM's dont believe that Formula E is the answer. So what next?

I have always maintained electric is the future for motorsport one way or the other, and the first series to harness electric power with street-related vehicles is going to be a winner

Lets see a Tesla Vs Audi eTron etc, around proper tracks.