View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3815662)   #58
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would rather have had Max win but he just blew it everytime he went for a pass and all of Ricciardo's passes he got away with.

It's easy to beat up on Max but the move Dani did for the lead was out of control and could easily have been a bigger wreck than anything Max did, so I just think Max was really unlucky. The move with Seb, sure it was Max's fault but that was such light contact, how unfortunate that they both spun around.

Ferrari again didn't really have the pace of Merc did they? Bottas gets the lead and I think he would have easily pulled away in the last stint - Vettel was a couple of seconds off the pace of the Mercs at the end, heck he did 1m40 one of those laps while Ricciardo did a 1m35 on the same lap. The tyres shouldn't have been that ruined from his burnout, but certainly he wasn't going to stay with Bottas. Hamilton was closing on them, he'd halved the gap before the pit stops, 13s down to about 7s I think. Just like he did in Bahrain. So sadly I think it's just a matter of time before Lewis sorts his car out and is regularly 0.3-0.5s lap faster than Bottas again, and that'll see him dominating again like last year.

Alonso: good on him for passing Seb but is there any point having the "forcing another car off the road" rule if you're never going to enforce it? Seb was clearly 100% alongside Alonso and still had the inside line. Someone (Brundle maybe?) commented that Alonso had the racing line, well no he doesn't if there's another car alongside you!!! Alonso just turned in and left Seb nowhere to go but off the track or make contact. Don't know why he felt the need to be so aggressive with how slow Seb was.