View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3725575)   #272
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A possibility might be that the team had their 2016 data (tyres, suspension etc) and felt that the biggest change to the car might come in the weight distribution and not the new tyres. Therefore, any testing they did may have been carried out with 2016 tyres, and it is the rubber that has caused the discrepancy (which they only put on for the first time on the Wednesday before Brands)?
Do the new tyres bring with them a new wheel/brake package?
Im not 100% sure, I'm assuming the wheels are tad wider to accommodate the wider rubber (great bit of business for Rimstock if so as they would have had a few hundred wheels to sell) but I don't think I've seen any mention of a bigger diameter so guessing they're still 18". We know there's been changes with the hubs, presumably to deal with the change in offset of the wheels but again that doesn't necessarily mean new brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I don't think that's entirely fair. They had been tested, just not with that car. For development work there was no need to use all four cars; they could just test with one or two, which they did. Since there was no major change in livery and/or sponsor, there was no need to strip the previous year's livery off and test in plain colours.
It just seemed out of character that's all, most teams strip the cars down regardless of livery changes just to start afresh or to repair bodywork etc and all four cars looked to be fully stickered up in the workshop photos suggesting not a lot had been done to them.