View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1522965)   #2
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All seasons on just one dvd?
There are plenty of videos from the old days AND the present days. The complete Group B days and unlimited Group A days are extensively covered, plus some seasons before and after. Those are recalled as the heyday of Rallycross. It's not from every season indeed, but that's because there are many different rights holders over the varying years. I also don't really know if they even shot every complete season? It'll be an absolute crime to acquire all the commercial rights on all the important years AND all the mastertapes AND the time consuming effort to compile them in something sensible.

Anyway let's be real, people don't even buy the present dvd's. Look at the counter on Chris Courteyns ebay shop. Only 20 sold so far, even though it's been advertised on some big websites. He might have sold some more outside ebay but still. Unless you already have the rights on the mastertapes it's simply not economicly viable to produce them. Huge credit to anyone that tries to be so noble and I'd be the first to buy from them, but there won't be many more people I'm afraid! The number sold will hardly reach the hundreds and that's being optimistic. Another look at the British Rallycross DVD from 2004. 250 produced and how many sold? It's still anything but sold out!