View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1566191)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hi KA,

Hadn't realised Rovers ran in Germany for that long? I has Thiim down as winning it in '84 (dunno why?), doing it in '86 with the Turbo's and the like that he would've been up against was a cracking feat.

There was another guy who partnered Manthey in the earlier campaigns, Dieter Selzer? perhaps it was his outfit that entered them.

Be interesting to know if they were built in Germany or built here and then exported?

Yeah now you mention it I recall a TWR car being sold to Japan, think it was the only one though.

I wouldn't be surprised if TWR entered those occasional overseas races (like NZ, Bathurst and Intertec) to attempt to sell them to people in those series?!

The one off British GP Tom entered in '86 was amusing - a demonstration drive so he could show the MSA just what they were missing by chucking his cars out a couple of years previously!