View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3880357)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Likewise, I bought my GT because it was solid/original and genuine, we looked at 3 LC's as possible candidates And they were all turds. Reseller, reroofed, *******ised, rotten etc etc. Back in 2002/3 I was innocent enough to go looking for a genuine car . . . . Maybe that's part of the problem.

It would be interesting to see some of the new cylinder heads available as comparison to originals, one could, with a modicum of work, then report comparisons and give an informed opinion on whether they should be acceptable or not. It's quite understandable if originals are simply not available, but that's not the reason most have been redesigned/remanufactured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I wouldn’t have been the first to build an FIA Gilbern GT, Joe, if that was my raison d’etre....

So, Peter Auto have issued technical bulletins for Cobras and GT350s competing in their 60s Endurance category this season. Included are a Cobra minimum weight with a max ballast of 30kg, and MSD rev limiters (as per Masters) for both car types. Good to see organisers taking concerns over development seriously, but will be interesting to see if lap times are any slower..... (Some engine types in their Classic Endurance Racing categories already have rev limits.)