Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3868637)   #3351
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
So basically the more sophisticated the CFD tools you are using the more accurate you can expect the results to be.

The minnows will be wasting their time on their CFD analysis while the rich and entitled teams will be developing at a rapid rate.

Not good!
I think you are generally right, but for the wrong reason.

I think the software and hardware is probably nearly commodity at this point. It is about how you use it. So CFD time itself is probably not costly (in the big picture). What the top teams will continue to be able to do is to hire the best people who are good at getting usable results.

But... in the end, it also doesn't mean small teams can't figure it out. Which is why I think overall this is a good thing. It at least gives the smaller teams more of an opportunity to figure things out.

I am also in no way saying small teams are populated by idiots. Its more about the good ones are more likely to eventually get poached by the bigger teams. For example... Adrian Newey didn't start at the top. He followed the money and/or teams that could allow him to put cars on the top of the podium. But he did help those he worked for on his upward climb.

Richard