Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3868906)   #3360
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, Mercedes, I see your issue. It’s dedicated to Research, but includes CFD. I suspect the F1 CFD is done in Brackley. Whatever the F1 team will have access to enough CFD you’re right. I’d worry about creep.

I only mentioned it as I hadn’t seen what was said about why it had been opened up in the thread.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...eaked-for-2019
Quote:
Another adjustment to the sporting regulations confirmed at Wednesday's World Motor Sport Council meeting is to allow unrestricted CFD simulations to be carried out for the development of cars in accordance with the 2021 regulations.

This practice was carried out previously when teams were working to future regulations, and reflects the fact that they will be providing feedback that will help F1 and the FIA shape the 2021 rules.