Old 1 Mar 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2642726)   #94
Senninha24
Rookie

United States
London, UK
Senninha24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
As a point of reference, a certain Jimmie Johnson wasn't that much better in his first three Nationwide races than Danica has been so far either - in fact, Johnson had just four top five finishes (including one lone victory) in the 72 Nationwide races he did before stepping up to the Cup Series.

Now I'm not thinking Patrick is a future four-time Cup Champion, but I do think she could use a break from the massive pressure and scrutiny she has to go through
Well said.

Yea I haven't seen anything wrong really so far. I've seen progress in these three races, and especially between California to Las Vegas. She was driving a smooth, smart race in Vegas before being taken out. Plus the transfer from open-wheel to stock car takes a lot of time. I think she'll be better, and will do it quicker than Mr. Sideways Sam at Penske. He's pushed the transfer phase to the limit and should be warming that seat for Allgaier or Kligerman in the near future. Montoya was pretty rough at the start as well.

Give her some time. I'm no Danice fanboy by any means, I just try to look at everything objectively, and the facts of the matter is stockcar racing is tough, especially when coming from openwheel. Now I am annoyed about all the attention, seeing where she is every lap, hearing her name all the time because to me she's just another driver. A superstar, no way, but good, yes, and following her 4 stock car races she can't have that many conclusions drawn yet as I wouldn't draw any conclusions about anyone in that situation with those performances, following 4 races. I give it some time like anyone deserves.