Thread: SKG's tracks
View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3287077)   #96
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First I think it's a great concept, and I think your diagram above proves that the chicane is fine.

There are 3 areas though that nag at me,

First is easy to resolve and that is to centre up the barrier at the hairpin of the right hand circuit, this is easily done, and I've demonstrated this on both images.

Second is the main pit entry, approaching from the East, into the final corner, in this case the right hander, cars going into the pits will be on the apex that much longer as thy have to turn a full 90 degrees where as the racing line it's a much more open corner and as such would have a faster apex speed. I feel this would cause issues. Hopefully the first image shows this.
Conversely coming from the "reservoir corner", I think the racing line get very close to the pit entry,making it a very narrow window, of opportunity to enter the pits without the car behind just thinking that your half a car wide. Hopefully image 2 shows this.

THe third section is the patch of gravel at the join of the circuits. I don't really have a solution as such, but it's going to be pretty difficult to safely barrier when the two circuits are operating at the same time. THis would require a North South barrier yet, when the fuller circuits are running the barriers would need to be East West in line with the centralised hairpin barrier. I've drawn black lines over the gravel trap to show what I mean.

Finally sorry for messing up your nice presentation by doodling over the top of it, and I hope you find these comments constructive.
Attached Thumbnails
64 edit top Ver1.jpg   64 edit top Ver2.jpg