View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3600126)   #22
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
That may be true, which puts me firmly in the minority; I learned over the years that as a self-taught amateur (not in the trade, only fettle my own cars) it's best to do it right, do it once. Especially where a failure would prevent me finishing a race and/or cost me unnecessary spend.
At the risk of, well, at the risk of something. The last time a wheel came off my car is when you used it at the 'Ring and it came loose and broke the studs! I don't use a torque wrench on them.

Nor do I use one of the popular nut runners on the kart wheel nuts. After the last race I discovered a loose wheel nut. That wheel had been fixed on by a friend with a nut runner, not me with my wheel brace!