View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2023, 06:14 (Ref:4169841)   #6233
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If RLL has a seat Grosjean could bring enough to take it over and be better option than kids in NXT appear to be.

Andretti will have a couple open seats with Grosjean and Devlin out (I think I remember that being decided), wonder if Malukas has been pushing for the seat and bringing some cash to take Devlin's ride. Just feels like with Grosjean's radio that they have both agreed he's out and he's ready as well. Wonder if it's another Indy seat or home and rides in things that make him happy like Button.

Do wonder if we will see more cars full time or a couple cars dropping out. I think we could still see bumping at Indy but 1-2 cars
I was reading an interview with him a few weeks ago that suggested he was going to be fairly committed to the Lamborghini Hypercar in WEC and IMSA. See if I can find it.

OK found it..... here is a short extract of a more detailed interview with Romain, from the Lamborghini website, dated end June'23, so about a month ago: https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/ne...omain-grosjean

Sounds fairly full time with WEC and IMSA and development driving.

"As well as the FIA World Endurance Championship, which includes the famously challenging Le Mans 24 Hours race, the LMDh will also contest the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship in North America. This marks Lamborghini’s greatest commitment yet in motorsport following three class wins in the GTD category at the 24 Hours of Daytona, two consecutive wins in the Sebring 12 Hours, and numerous other successes during the past decade. Now the Hypercar class of the world’s two most fiercely contested endurance racing championships beckons, with Grosjean one of the drivers leading the charge.

“I’m very excited to be part of the project with the LMDh for next year,” he says. “I love the brand, I like the project, I like the approach, I like the people behind it. I know there’s a lot of work to do and there’s going to be a lot of learning for everyone, but I’m ready. Lamborghini is a brand that loves to be successful, one with a lot of history. So when we go into something, we need to do it right.”

Last edited by E.B; 25 Jul 2023 at 06:22.