Thread: PAU HISTORIQUE
View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3897089)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Ferry costs (for the privateer) are a mystery. This morning I booked DFDS return Dover-Calais in May for a car, cost me £90 in total and I cursed because if I'd done it 2 days ago I could have saved £20. This evening, thinking about going back for Pau 1 week later, it would cost £300 with a trailer. Quite a hike, so I looked again at the same boats I got the 90 quid crossing on. Price has doubled in 8 hours. How do they justify that??? Yeah, yeah, I know - supply & demand. Nevertheless, when we were running trucks the price never varied from one month to the next so the deal for Joe Public smacks of exploitation.
I read somewhere about clearing browser history after being on some websites, because if it recognised you when returning, the price would be higher.....

But you’re right, freight prices seem to be fixed for the season, except for the emissions / fuel ‘surcharge’ that can vary a small percentage.