View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2018, 14:47 (Ref:3836648)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes like the man said you are asking the wrong question.

If you add the hybrid drivetrain you add weight which means you have to provide more or different power. This is great for long term requirements. But for racing it's totally unnecessary. Yes Frankel doesn't mention fuel economy because it's irrelevant.

If we can do the NA thing you'd obviously need regular rebuilds, again so what? Still cheaper than €20m per unit, or €80m per year and you get the same result.

I confess that were I to be looking for another 4×4 to replace my Grand Cherokee I'd look for a hybrid. But my circumstances mean it would be a waste financially since I wouldn't do more than 5k miles per year.

Then again I'm trying to stop myself buying a Bullit Mustang because it would be more fun and as my annual mileage as above, is low, it would make economic sense. Can't use it as a tow car though.

BTW CRM I agree with you about the green bit but again we are talking about racing and that means green requirements are of lesser importance since the amount of time spent racing is miniscule compared to.the overall amount of time that vehicles are driven on the roads around the world.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 14 Jul 2018 at 14:52.