View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3836664)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
................................. To me that sounds pretty damn awesome. And it shows the viability of hybrid powertrains and the idea behind it: combine the best parts of two systems together and get the most out of the energy available.
Agreed and for that kind of racing there is no better because Le Mans, and by extension GT and endurance racing, has always been about pushing the boundaries of technology. Remember the Blower Bentleys (well you probably wouldn't, even I don't)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentle...Blower_Bentley.

These were the first to take that approach, albeit they only had a petrol engine to play with.

Think of the possibilities if you could actually afford to own a car with that proposed Jaguar power train?