View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3836669)   #64
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Agreed and for that kind of racing there is no better because Le Mans, and by extension GT and endurance racing, has always been about pushing the boundaries of technology.
If I'm reading this post correctly, you're saying that F1 is not the place to push technical boundaries?

For my mind, F1 is about many things, technical boundaries being one of them. Current automobile makers are spending a lot of R&D on making a car go further for the same amount of fossil fuel. Some is through small, fuel-efficient ICE. Some is through full-electric. The 3rd way - hybrid - is the area where efficiency, performance and endurance currently meet, both on the road and on the track. So is precisely where F1 should be.

When pure electric (or a.n.other) technology gives us the chance to race at current F1 speed and distance, then hybrid will cease to be relevant and the heavy, unnecessary ICE can be dropped. Until then, hybrid is how the likes of MB show they can go further and faster than ICE-alone on the same amount of fuel.