Old 6 Sep 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2755214)   #728
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Times must have changed since I raced with HRSR as I thought only existing HRSR spec cars were allowed to run to Group 5..

IMHO it was a great shame the committee ambushed the annual meeting and reversed the vote from the previous year to phase out HRSR spec cars. Dont get me wrong I am not against Gp5 cars and in fact would love to see a series that embraced later 60's early 70's saloon cars
Just to clarify, Simon, the AGM was ambushed by a group of members to reverse the decision of a couple of years earlier. The committee at that time, which included me, all voted to keep the earlier decision. We are a democratic club, however, and the majority of members AT THAT TIME voted to overturn the earlier decision.

As a further clarification the decisions taken at both meetings were nothing to do with HRSR specification cars but were about banning or allowing oversized engines. The Historic Racing Saloon Register was formed in 1984 (or late 1983) and has always catered for cars built to a set of regulations which allowed greater freedom of modification than those allowed under Appendix K. In fact there was no App K saloon racing in the UK to my knowledge until well in to the 1990s.

We are happy to embrace Appendix K car drivers who wish to race in the HSCC/HRSR Historic Touring Car Championship sponsored by 'ByBox' but, as has ween well noted in earlier threads, the drivers of App K cars tend to support the more prestigious meetings run by the HSCC and avoid the smaller scale 'clubbie' meetings.