View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3588132)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
it's called the golden era because from 1993 until 2001 the D2 spec. was adopted by all national touring series and because there was a whole interest from all main manufacture who ran with their model belonging to D segment (or C i dont remember exactely)

btw there were involved alfa romeo, audi a4, bmw 320, ford mondeo, honda accord, mazda, nissan primera, opel vectra, peugeot 406, renault laguna, toyota carina, volvo s40 and the main 2 championship were btcc and stw.
Given the criteria that the golden era was effectively the dates when high-calibre championships ran to what was in effect Super Touring Car regs, then surely the period 1990-1992 in BTCC could also be considered part of this era?

If so, then Cleland's 2nd places in 1990 and 1991, alongside his almost title in 1992 should be noted. Also, the 1992 TOCA shooutout victory merits a mention here.