Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3845372)   #2309
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Seeing as we seem to have more cycle projects than cars, here’s mine-

Think I’ve had the frame 18 years, and so far it’s progressed to gaining a headset, forks and stem..... It’s an Ibis, hand made in ti by a bunch of cool dudes on the US West coast. They shut up shop a few years later, then the name was sold and the new Ibis started marketing carbon bikes made in the Far East to their spec. I see now they are now back to making them in CA, which is nice.....

My ‘old clunker’ MTB is also a titanium Ibis, complete with ti stem and bars. I’ve kept the spec period although when I first built it up in ‘96 it had previous model RockShox forks. A few years ago I had to have new wheels as the rims were worn though, but managed to get a Mavic set built up pretty close to the original. Needless to say the bike is kept secured at all times when not being ridden!
Attached Thumbnails
9A4D241D-1CA6-45B9-AA70-5FA84D62CF96.jpeg   6444EC9F-9E08-4F27-9873-E8D24439B9E8.jpeg