Thread: BMW POWER!!!
View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2000, 23:28 (Ref:141)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given the turn of speed Stewart showed all last season, Herbert's (lucky) win, consolidation of Ford's control of Cosworth and the former Stewart Team, AND momentum AND the fact that they finished fourth last season, it seemed logical that their fortunes would continue to rise.

Given that no one expected the BMW to be either fast or reliable and that William's choice for a #2 seemed suspect, I discounted Williams' chances for the season. It appears I was wrong.

Also, as much as I like Jordan and HHF, I suspected that they would be in trouble this season-any chance they have of dissuading Honda away from BAR will disappear son if they don't raise their game.

BAR was not expected to be competitive this season and Benetton looked to be on a long slide to the back of the grid. It seemed that Jaguar really was the strongest team behind Mac and the Ferraris.
Some one has some explaining to do in Milton Keynes.