View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3355735)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I'd like to see an American team, largely because I hoped it would build a little bit more American interest in F1, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. According to Forbes, Stewart-Haas has a value of $108 million and profit of $7.2 million. I haven't read any cost figures for F1 in recent months, but I'm wanting to say I once read that top teams spend hundreds of millions per team in a single season. Granted, I'm sure bottom teams spend quite a bit less, but I'm still not sure that Haas can come up with enough capital to be remotely competitive.
The NASCAR team likely isnt where the money is... try Haas Automation Inc for what is reported to be the source of Mr Haas' wealth.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods