View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3085342)   #1
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Idea: International GT Endurance Cup

I was just thinking of the Nurburgring 24 and the North American Endurance Championship when I realized how cool it would be to have a cup/championship/trophy linking all of the major GT endurance events in the world. This would not be a separate "series" so much as a bonus competition for teams who run in all of the events.

It would require one unified GT spec (GT3?), so it's not likely to see reality anytime soon (would obviously need to change ACO/IMSA events, also upgrade Grand-Am GT specs), but here's the calendar.

1. 24 Hours of Dubai (?)
2. 24 Hours of Daytona
3. Bathurst 12 Hour
4. 12 Hours of Sebring
5. 24 Hours of Nurburgring
6. 24 Hours of Le Mans
7. 24 Hours of Spa
8. Petit Le Mans (10 hours)

Basically, any event >6 hours would be part of the championship. Results are based off the teams who enter the cup (so a car placed 8th in GT in-race could still be 3rd in the cup). There would be a nice mix of dedicated GT races and multiclass races.

I'm not sure whether I'd let a team be able to miss one of the events and make it top-5.

This is really just a cool dream of mines.

Last edited by FstrthnU; 4 Jun 2012 at 22:39.