View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3944204)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is quite difficult. I enjoyed the lack of DRS and indeed, superior chassis or not, VB drove extremely well. It's always been the same, if you have a better car you will succeed. Doesn't make the result any less valid IMO. Think back to the Lotus 79 and/or the Williams FW14B as examples.

Then we had Sainz going for that single point to get 6th in the Championship. Again drove brilliantly and gave the place back when he ran out of road earlier in the race.

Of course Lando put in a good stint especially against Perez on worse tyres.

Verstappen kept it clean but whinged his way to second.

Hamilton was imperious, no question.

Hulk's swansong failed to net a single point (see Sainz).

Albon was pretty good but suffered from the tyre strategy. Still, drove a clean race and is looking good for next year IMO.

Perez was pretty good and once again outshone his team mate. Enjoyed better tyres than most at the end but still took a long time to pass Lando.

So for me it is Bottas.