View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2006, 14:41 (Ref:1664240)   #30
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1 i have always felt to test u just need rac licence
2 i have all reynard parts sent the old fella the manual
3 u must gear the car to the track yr at or u may as well stay at home
4 cornerweights u want no more than 10 kg dfference across the axles ideally want a slow as poosible5 u really need to spend upto 8 hrs setting car up with ride height corner weights tracking camber etc castor is more in the car than an adjustment u need to worry about at present
5 tyres are everything wrong tyres again u may as well stay at home- just cos a tyre gets warm dont mean jack ( with the weekend heat we had an ice cube was warm ! )

the way yr heading yr starting to waste yr valuable ££ on sprints when u have no time/ date to work with adn the way yr heading u will spend 4 times the money and half the track time than going testing so i suggest 2 things

1 set car up as per manual and then GO to Mallory and drive the car far better VFM if u and yr brother have rac licence u can drive 20 -50 laps between you ( watch yr mirrors)
2 take car to a qualified f3 man who can sort yr car out faster than u will and watch him do it and ask pertinent questions spend £2-300 and get the car right and learn more that way
pm me and i will give u my mans details in milton keynes (he is f3 engineer)