View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2018, 22:13 (Ref:3797002)   #28
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Adrian Newey basically said this in his book. Very little technology carries over to road cars, and road car manufacturers aren't constrained by the same type of regulations as racing engines, so it's all a bit pointless.

Open engine formula please!
I think some of the current F1 (and WEC LMP1) engine tech may not have road relevance, but I think quite a bit does. I am sure there is some "secret sauce" stuff that really only applies to the race engines, but much of the concepts is knowledge and experience that they can't unlearn. For example I fully believe there was cross pollination between the Porsche road (918 and upcoming Mission X) and the race cars.

As to Newey... I have a ton of respect for him, but I think he is pushing his particular agenda in those comments.

Richard