View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3874410)   #264
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Dont forget to thank all the wonderful fans, the best in the world, (not to mention listing the sponsors names, car manufacturer etc) It is all a bit PC and Corporate nowadays.

Can you imagine an F1 driver now with 'Sex is the breakfast of Champions' on his overalls? Or 'Sex is a high performance thing.'

At press conference after a round of (from Memory) WSC at Silverstone one of the German press asked Dindo Capello, why he was favouring his right leg, had he injured it? Capello explained that the seat in his Audi was uncomfortable and caused the problem. I grabbed the mic and asked;

"So driving an Audi makes you limp?" The joke had to be explained to the Dindo by his co-driver Alan McNish, but the rest of the room roared with laughter.

However, if you tried that at a GP conference you were in trouble, all questions were bland and repetitious with each journo asking basically the same question in a different form. Sadly my somewhat lighter style meant the compere avoided letting me near the microphone.

Bauble ex-BBC Radio Reporter.