View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2000, 16:01 (Ref:44746)   #11
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Day-to-day I generally swipe the wife's Ford Ka for the run to the station , great little car with bags of headroom - never missed a beat but seem to have more than it's fair share of punctures. My generally used car is a '93 Range Rover , all the toys-although the electrics have always been temperemental(a not uncommon problem with the make) , lovely to cruise around in but bloody thirsty , I recently saved myself £90 quid by doing a round trip to Yorkshire in the Ka , this has made me seriously think about replacing it but I need it to tow the wife's Horsebox and......my Thunderbabe 1980 Rover SD1 fitted with a 4.5L Tuscan engine - which broke a propshaft and Rocker shaft after one race Then in the garage is my sprint car (now surplus to requirements-anyone interested?)- a Nissan GTIR(pulsar) heavily modified-what a weapon!-Electric in the rain at Goodwood and the snow at Mallory this year! And then tucked right away and sadly not used as much as I would have hoped this year is (one of) my dream car , a 1972 DBSV8 - when my ex-wife divorced me about 5 yrs ago I thought what the heck (or words to that effect ) , went out and got a loan and bought exactly what I wanted regardless of the consequences - best swap I ever did !! (and for the price of a new Mondeo)