View Single Post
Old 24 Dec 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1798757)   #130
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure whether it was the best ever 80s touring car, but it certainly was incredibly effective in its class - the Toyota Corolla GT. A rather inconspicuous 1980s here, the rear-wheel driven one piloted by Chris Hogetts took the BTCC crown outright half way through the decade. I know its probably been mentioned already on the thread here... but I thought I'd mention it again to be lead us on to something I read a while back. Is it true that the 1600cc engine in that car is almost a direct copy of the Ford BDA [BDD] ? It had a exhaust note that would split your eardrums didn't it. Great car though.