Thread: optic sensors
View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2001, 06:59 (Ref:83393)   #5
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
surely, these aids can be detected with better personnel in possession of more sophisticated equipment. but then, i'm speculating. is this a possiblity?
Im afraid its very difficult to detect these codes.Even if the fia use th most qualified professionals,the small program can be loaded in the ram of the onboard computer and it will lose the code when the engine is cut.

Quote:
i have to agree with tristan. i 2 wanna see more driver skills than super electronics controling cars..thats not racing..i wish i could see 32 cars (16 competitive teams) with no aids or TC. pure driver skills. we wouldnt have to see only 2 or 3 drivers win races all the time.
Thats what we want Dm,but thats not what the consructors want.Half of them wouldnt have been here if f1 didnt provide them a platform to show their technical brilliance.I do however agree taht optical sensors is pushing the limit a bit too far.But such systems are not very predictable.They can easily go wrong and so teh teams will be much better off allowing the driver to make the decision.After all,ify ou have launch control,what else cound you possibly need to make a good start?