View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1387634)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPrange
I dont think this decision is right. Sure , it keeps Champion in the series but it probably scares away teams that might planned in buying an LMP1 like the upcoming Riley car.

Why would any team invest in a new car when Champion is still allowed to run the R8? This move seperates the ALMS another step from the european LMES/Le Mans racing.

I think this comment is pretty far off base. While it appears that the restrictions on the R8 will be less than it is for LMES this year.. one would suggest that there are many cars that are the match on pace of the R8 currently.

I think the prospect of having to run against the R9/R10 is more a deterent than a penalized R8. Besides, all potential entrants know full well that Champion could have a new car by mid year next year, and certainly there is the prospect that Audi could run the new car full year under Joest.

While I appreciate what Mr. Collins has stated above in that this is aimed at Champion... that may be the priority of the plan, but also it is aimed at attracting Jota, the Factory Zytek, the Dallaras...... who would have no other place to run.