View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4028405)   #2540
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Whilst I agree that the spike in rates won't last long (as you say - somebody will undercut that) there are added costs that are going to be passed on so rates will overall increase.

There are also more empty vehicle movements going on at the moment - into Northern Ireland in particular. Empty vehicles going to NI and returning loaded (it's easier to get stuff out of NI than in). That's going to be pushing up costs as well (although again - if the process into NI gets sorted that should reduce).
Understood. I think we all expected a bumpy start. As John says give it Time.

Tel, even if in the rules and it is the same the world over, a sandwich for personal consumption is not really in the spirit of importing meat and dairy products. I remember arriving in Russia from Kazakhstan and the customs bloke asked me if I had any "dead animals" with me. Another challenge used to be smuggling pork products past customs when arriving in Doha from the UAE.