View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4028620)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
The costs are not set by Customs Peter - it's the cartel of Chambers of Commerce setting the fees for issuing and authorising the carnets, and providing the insurance bond against failure to re-export from the destination country. IF a carnet is indeed required - and I fail to be convinced on the evidence from MSUK so far - then there should be nothing to stop an individual creating the forms from templates and having them stamped up by their local CoC for a small fee, 25 quid would seem reasonable for 5 minutes work. On the same basis, as Aviva have the insurance bond scheme in place then the individual should be able to deal with them directly for the cover.
Yup. My reference to C&I was because that's who may be asking for them. Worth checking directly methinks.

As to the sandwich thing, someone just likened it to fining people for walking with a cup of coffee. Over zealous was the phrase used.