View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4037846)   #180
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Decades ago, I used to be in touch with a . specialized office (DGCCRF) for some reason. They explained one part of their monitoring of the income taxes payment. Each Thursday morning started "la lecture". News of the week, La Centrale, nothing to read but sales ads. First Targets? Ferrari and Rolls Royce owners posting nice pictures of the car they wanted to sale, showing the reg number. No reconciliation possible between income and owning a cost beauty? Bob is gonna give you a call!

In the UK, a satirical magazine, which has been published fortnightly since 1961, and they also follow the behaviour of our politicians as well as companies, both in the UK and worldwide.

Back in the 80s, a friend of mine, who at the time was a quite senior civil servant with what was then our Internal Revenue department, told me that the largest subscriber to the magazine was his department, and they had dedicated members who were responsible for trawling through it to see what businesses were up to. And that many prosecutions of businesses were made solely due to what they had gathered from the publication.

Sadly, I don't think that they still follow that practice.