View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2788329)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
The Abu Dhabi circuit despite having two very long straights, does look actually quite difficult to overtake on. At least on the evidence of last year's race. I admit whilst the setting does look striking(with the hotel) and the interesting pit lane entry and exit, but otherwise I am not that excited about it as a track.
I think you're being very polite. It's a really disappointing circuit on which to stage the finale of the best championship in years if not ever. It will not excite the drivers in the same way as Interlagos did.

What I do not understand is why it could not be built to the same standard as the setting, given that the money was available. Was the area of land unsuitable or did they simply get their priorities wrong?