View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2743077)   #482
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all,

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who competed. I was covering the event for Autosport, so wasn't able to speak to as many people as I would have liked, but it was still great to see so many wonderful cars out there.

I'd done the 24 Hours before, but not the Classic, so it was interesting to see how the event worked. I felt the French marshals/officials were more helpful there too, though I've heard from others who didn't have such positive experiences.

Dad (John Turner, for those that don't know!) and I had a bit of a nightmare finding the hotel on Friday, but things got better after that. It was good to meet the Radio Le Mans team as well, even though we all struggled to know who was in any car at any given time!

I must say that part of the reason for going was to go and see a 917 put through its paces, but I came away with more admiration for Bobby Verdon-Roe, who really put the Ferrari P3/4 far higher up in Plateau 5 than it should have been.

Best regards,
Kevin Turner