View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3646895)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've taken one of your designs and imported it into SKetchup

The reason for doing this is to help you understand your scaling better.

For length the track measures out at 5.356km which is not bad at all.

However as you'll notice I've narrowed your track down by about half. Your track was about 28m wide pretty much everywhere, and wider still in bits.

In Sketchup I usually do my circuit 14.5m wide, and so that's what I've shown on yours.
This also shows the pitlane sizes. I know you made comment about an error in the pits, I've taken what I thought you meant to have a direct access from after the chicane.
The point being that the pitlane itself needs only to be 2 cars wide, so around 4m is what I use.

As I've posted before, these aren't bad designs, don't be disheartened by a lack of response. My Tracks isn't getting a lot of traffic at the moment, but keep putting designs up they are being looked at.
Attached Thumbnails
Kerb import scale.jpg   Kerb pit lane.jpg